Know everything about side hustle and how to make money through them.
Side Hustle technically means an extra source of income alongside your main “job” to make more money and do what you love.
For example – If I am a full-time employee at a company and I run a YouTube channel alongside it, then the YouTube channel is my side hustle.
These hustles or jobs consume a little part of your everyday routine and get you extra money for you to savor life and be truly “free”.
Why to engage in Side Hustles?
Other than extra money there are a variety of reasons you would want to take upon a side hustle, some of them are –
- You might want to monetize a skill that you have to get the most of it;
- If you dream of having a business of your own, you start it slow alongside your job and when it’s grown enough, you leave your job and turn this side hustle into your main gig;
- You might want to just have a social media page/channel to build a network and attract various opportunities;
- Side hustles usually are also something that you love but never got a chance to do like taking a degree in a specific course or something;
- Maybe you would want to take up a long forgotten hobby and do something with it;
- You maybe want to do what you love because your job doesn’t excite you or spark your soul, so you safely start it off as a side hustle.
These were a very few of the reasons why would someone want to start up a side hustle.
There may be a ton more depending upon your life, personality and situation.
Two common characteristics
There may be a thousand reasons why someone would want to engage in a side-hustle.
But there are two common characteristics that stand above everything else –
- Getting a chance to do what you actually love;
- Making Money.
Exactly how much money are we talking about here?
A very simple answer – As much as you want.
Give up your limiting beliefs.
If you’re ready to do the work with a happy and energized mindset, then any amount of money is possible.
There are endless opportunities that exist in today’s world.
Whatever kind of client you’re craving for – that company exists and they’re looking for “you”.
You’ve just got to give in your time, love and discipline to it.
And I am sure you’ll find/get such dream opportunities.
There’s a lot of help that exists too, just look for it.
Make your No-Work Dream come true
I’ll tell you a real life story about a family friend, this person always wanted to live in the mountains but never “got a chance” to do so.
He had a wife, 2 kids that he had to look after and his job barely paid him enough to keep up with the city life expenses – forget about living in the mountains without a job.
He thought that when his kids grow up and get a job like he did, then maybe he’ll retire with his wife and go and live in the mountains.
One fine day, he got an idea to start a YouTube channel and not even that a high-profile page – just basic – for him to make just enough money.
He calculated all the details like what mountain area he would like to live in where the schools are appropriate for his children, a safe neighborhood, monthly expenses etc.
He started the YouTube channel as a side hustle and build it to a level wherein he was regularly getting the amount he needed to live in the mountains.
With a safe “side” hustle and enough savings through the months of saving the YouTube money, he finally quit his job and shifted to mountains much years if not decades before his retirement age.
The family is literally living the life of their dreams.
This was a very normal human being, with a very normal YouTube channel who lives freely now with everything his family wants.
What are the various side hustles you can engage in?
Some ideas of Side hustles are given below, you can take them as they are or you can get inspired by them and transform them into an original idea.
- Create and sell your own handmade goods
- Rent your spare room on AirBnB
- Print-on-demand businesses
- Become a social media manager
- Sell services on Fiverr
- Use JustAnswer to answer questions and get paid
- Drop-shipping business.
- Start a zine and sell digital subscriptions
- Micro-Jobs on Mechanical turk
- Become a Freelancer
- Write an eBook
- Build a Sales Funnel with ClickFunnels
- Teach an Online Course
- Start a blog
- Create a YouTube channel
- Start Instagram blogging
- Start a Podcast
- Do mystery shopping
If you love the field you have a job in, then you can google the side hustles available in that particular field and pick one and just get started.
You may start receiving rewards immediately or it might take some months, it all depends upon practice.
Just keep building your goals and keep your mindset and actions in alignment and aim for constant and regular improvement.
For guidance, there are thousands of people who have achieved what you want to achieve, read their stories and blogs on google and take ideas and inspiration.
I hope this blog helped you in some way and I wish you manifest all your dreams, Read more of our blogs if you liked this one 😉